Thursday, March 22, 2012

My Reading History

I never liked reading as a kid,couldn't stand it as a teen in high school either.
I never had no one explain the importance of reading. I went through school playing sports, thinking that I wold go to NBA. I really believe that Los Angeles Unified School District owes my parents a refund on my education.
If the teachers didn"t care about my grades  why should I..I had a wicked jumpshot,and was doing pretty well with the young ladies. My coaches took care everything.
I heard a old man say while I was doing time, that they hide everything from a black man in a book,I told him "yyeah righ" he said"go take a look" So I did
I started reading more, and more,and in other words they gave a crook a book and now im hooked

2 comments:

  1. That old man had a point. Reading does open us to a world of information. It is also enjoyable if you find books that interest you. You may enjoy some of the biographies written by "great" coaches over the years. Glad to hear that you are reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you realize that reading is so important in so many ways. In todays society you have to read your text messages and the emails that are constantly dancing around you. I overjoyed that a young black man is finding himself in our society and he is aware that we need more men that may have gone through some things and now knows that he is important to our society and our little brothers coming of age now. We need the male role models and I thank you.

    ReplyDelete